Thursday, March 27, 2008

14 Years and the Flu

What a week I have had. Last Wednesday I was knocked for a loop. I can't remember the last time I have been this ill. I haven't had a flu shot in years because I always get a horrible reaction. But oh, this past week I wished desperately that I had. I was in bed for the better part of a week.

Matt and Kade were so good to me. Whatever I needed (water, a hot bath drawn, or a cold wet towel) was given to me graciously. Matt truly tried to stay ontop of the house work. This picture says it all...

As for the 14 Years... We celebrated our 14th wedding Anniversary. Matt was a good sport. He let me sleep in until 10AM, then we went test driving new Toyota's (LOVE LOVE LOVE), went to Ruby River for lunch (I couldn't taste a thing and ended up giving Matt my meal), bought Kade new soccer cleats, bought some plants for the yard, went home and planted them. Then Matt took Kade to guitar lessons and soccer. Not the most romantic anniversary but, when you have been ill and have no energy, you don't expect or want much. I LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

6 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

I am so sorry you have been sick. I here it is going around. I have been so blessed that my family has not gotten it yet. I think Ive done enough throwing up for the all of us in the last 3 1/2 months. Take care girl. We need to get together soon. Scott is having Matt withdrawls.lol.

Danielle Christiansen said...

Oh And happy anniversary!!!!

Sara said...

Bummer to be sick... we are finally on the mend here, and so grateful! :)

Happy Anniversary! WHere does the time go? I can't believe how big Kade looks! :)

Kami said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you feel better! :)

Britney said...

Congrats on 14 years!! That flu is the worst thing ever! Glad you are feeling better!

andrea said...

so sorry to hear you have been sick. im glad you had a good anniversary anyway.