Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day


Today is Earth Day and my mind keeps wandering back to Matt's dad. He was an amazing gardener and it was always so important to him that we plant trees and indigenous plants. He was our inspiration for beautifying the world around us, and caring for plant life. He loved the mountains, his garden and us! We miss him terribly and as a tribute to him today I would ask that you do something GREEN:
take a walk, introduce recycling to your family (there is a recycling plant for metals such as aluminum in Provo and most schools have paper bins for recycling), plant a tree, shrub, flowers, etc.

4 comments:

Lucrecia said...

Done! I planted 3 new bushes and cleaned up my garden beds.

Colett said...

hooray earth! My whole weekend is planned out for yard stuff, can't wait!

Sandy said...

I need to plant a ton of new bushes and trees!! I can't wait for some sunshine!!

Danielle Johnson said...

Hi Jesicca...so nice to see what you and your family have been up to. Your little guy is so cute! P.S. We've been planting all week. Now we just need a little sunsine!