Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all the MOMS out there!

My mom is: my best friend, my mentor, my saving grace, my hero!

It has always been so important to my mom that we, as a family, stay close. When we were younger she hated when we argued (Monopoly was banned from our home, not kidding). Dinner was every night at 6pm and we crammed into our tiny kitchen to eat as a family. I don't ever remember not eating dinner as a family. My parents rarely did anything without including us. Now that I am older and we share stories she often tells us it is because it was important to her and our dad that we do what we could together because they knew we would grow up and move on. We would camp, hunt and fish as a family. This was a love/hate relationship for me as my brothers can attest to.

She was a stickler for rules: after school we had chores, homework then we could play. Mom was never afraid to discipline and she was good at it! I would test the limits whenever I found it nesseccary (in my eyes), which was often. Mom and I are similar in that we both had to have the last word, I am sure you can imagine how fabulous this was. It always resulted in me being grounded 'for a week' for 'my mouth'. My poor mom, she indured!

My mom is an amazing woman who taught me: the selfless act of unconditional love for others, how to cherish my brothers, the importance of eternal families, how to keep a clean and orderly home, the importance of serving others withour complaint, and how to care for my little family!

I will love you forever mom! Thank you!

One of the best days of my life was finding out that Matt & I were expecting. I loved every minute of being pregnant: the puking, no energy, dry heaving when I was around raw meat, my maternity swimsuit, and most of all the movement! I truly loved it all. It took us years, tests, medications and more tests until we finally became pregnant. One day when leaving the Dr's office and tears in my eyes I thanked the Dr. for getting me pregnant. He & Matt got a kick out that. Being 'high risk' I was fortunate to have an ultrasound with every appointment. I felt like the luckiest mommy in the world. My Dr. was incredible and had tons of patients but, never made me fill rushed. He had a drawl that was hilarious and a beard that was crAzY. Leaving from my 1st appointment Matt & I laughed so hard I was crying because he looked like Grizzly Adams, I am not kidding. We are saddened that he is no longer practicing medicine because he was incredible.

The day we had Kade was amazing. My little boy had complications but, with faith and the power of the priesthood we were able to take him home and raise him. I felt so inadequate to be a mother. But, we dived in head first and have not looked back. I am thankful for the love and power for motherhood. Kade is my pride and joy and am amazed that Heavenly Father has trusted me to be a mom!

10 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

What a beautiful segmant on your mom and being a mom. Kade couldnt have asked for a better mommy.

morgan said...

you are such a loving mother, i can tell as i read your words. happy mothers day!

Natalie said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a fabulous mom and a great example to me. Kade is a lucky boy. Love ya.

Lucrecia said...

Jessica, Your mom sounds amazing! You are very lucky to grow up with such a graceful example. I'm sure Kade will say the same things about you some day.

Tiffani said...

your Mom is gorgeous. She looks just the same. I am glad that you have Kade. I know all about that fertility business. What a miracle children are.

Jennifer Napierski said...

I hope you realize how amazing you are. I am so glad that I was able to be there during that special time and watch you become a Mother. You were born to be one!

deezl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marcihite said...

Hey Jessica--Thanks for the comment on my blog! Your blog is so cool--lots of fun stuff to look at & read. I am going to link you on to my blog if that's ok. I don't have as many links as you do so I definitely need more! Our pyzams are the same--ha! Hey great minds think alike!

Our family said...

That was a beautiful segment. Your mom sounds so great. I agree you were lucky to grow up with such a wonderful graceful example. My mother is like yours with the execption of beatings with wooden spoons. :)

Debi said...

Love your blog! I'm so glad I found out you have one! I'll check back often- I can't wait to see Disneyland pics... :)