Monday, May 19, 2008

Rain-gutter Ragata

(once you look at these pictures you will see that I am in desperate need of a new camera, Matt thinks it is fine)
Once the carnival was out of the way Kade, Matt & I worked on his boat for the ragata. I must tell you all that the ragata is so much easier than the derby as there is only sanding required. None of the weights and wheels, etc. Kade sanded, painted and glued the boat together. We were running late on time and so I took Kade & Eli to the local scrapbook store and had them pick out a sticker for the sail (unfortunately the selection was sparse). Kade went with a football and Eli went with a basketball. They didn't care and they had a blast.

I haven't figured out this 'look'. He was so excited to race.
On your mark, get set, blow!!!

Kade & Jake
Kade & Eli head to head...
Kade in the lead...
buddies no matter the outcome (Kade won by a hair).
Kade & Hayden...
Hayden with the lead...
Doesn't matter who won (Hayden) they still shock hands!
Hey Kade, wake up! They are giving you your award.


16 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

way to go kade the winner!!!!!!!!

Milly Moo Art - Megan Pritchard said...

Great family picture! We really need to have one done of us. You are so good to capture all of Kade's childhood, what a great Mom you are.

Natalie said...

How fun! Great job Kade.

morgan said...

church gyms are the worst for taking pictures. but i think yours turned out nice! what a handsome scout kade is.

marcihite said...

Looks like lots of fun! I can't wait for Kyler to be in scouts!

Britney said...

Great job, Kade! I still have a couple of years before all that scout stuff!!

Kennen said...

Your family is so cute. I love to see all the pictures and to see what's up with everyone. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Debi said...

Hey- who's the HOT guy giving Kade his award? :) I had never even heard of the Rain-gutter Ragata until I moved into this ward- where have I been? :) It's great!

Tiffani said...

I am looking forward to cub scouts. I think it is so much fun. I want to make my own boat.

Our family said...

That is so cool. Way to go Kade. You must take after your mother, full of hot air. Hot air or big mouth I don't remember.

Jessica said...

I love your family picture.. it's gorgeous! Can't wait for scouts :) Kade is getting so dang old!

andrea said...

That looks fun. I always wanted to do that when I was in cubscouts and never got to it. Way to go Kade!

grinNberrett said...

I won the Rain-Gutter Ragata all three years that I was in cub scouts.

Believe it or Not!!

Jake Bryant said...

The Derby invokes more emotions...you spend more time and energy. I remember my first one. I took 2nd place, my dad worked with me on it. After the Derby, my brother took mine and threw it off the stage.
If I have cried more...I can't remember when.
I never got to do the Regata. So, I guess I can't say that there are more emotions.

Tiffani said...

So I took my kids for a walk last night and the sprinklers came on and I had this flash back of running in the sprinklers at 2am on BYU campus after we got off work at NuSkin. Sound familiar?

Danielle said...

We just did the regatta with Chase too...it looks like Kade had fun. Tell him way to go! It's been fun checking out your blog to see what your family has been up to.