Tuesday, June 3, 2008

California Dreamin'

Alarm goes off, stumble out of bed, turn the shower on, stand there in a daze while the water gets hot. Dreading the long, long, long drive to Cali, Cali, I'm going back to Cali. Wake Matt & Kade up. Put our last minute items in the suit cases. Matt loads the car. I run in to water the plants, and make sure there are no clothes in the washer and all garbages have been taken out. O.K., I think we are ready. 'Click it or ticket' is said and we pull out of our neighborhood. 'Hope the Taylor's remember to get our mail, hope the Anderson's remember to water our plants, hope we have everything. If not we can buy it when we get there'. I'm going back to Cali.
Meet Jerid's family at the Chevron in Payson, can you believe these gas prices! What were we thinking. Kids are all nestled in with blankets, pillows, activity books, treats, movies, ipods, 'have we forgotten anything?' O.K. Jerid we are following you... Again, 'click it or ticket'.

Waiting in line at the Vegas IN & OUT BURGER. I am asked if I feel like a minority... I didn't until I was asked. 1 burger meal, 1 cheese burger meal, 1 small shirt. Every kid needs an IN & OUT shirt. I had one and it was the envy of many. Back in the car, 'click it or ticket'.
Fall asleep, wake because the air is off. Turn the air back on, listen to some music, laugh with my darling hubby, sleep. REPEAT!
Are we there yet?
Ah, 1-60. What a sight for sore eyes. Almost there! Cali, Cali, I'm going back to Cali.

MONDAY
The weather is perfect! We make lunch, get on our suits, pack the cars with kids and head out to New Port Beach. It is gorgeous there: the people, the cars, the homes, the beach!!! Awe the beach, hello my long lost friend. I have missed you. The kids loved the water and could care less that it was cold! No one tip-toed, they all ran!
Matt, Jerid, Nicholas and I hiked the rocks looking for shells and crabs. It was a blast.
The kids had fun on the pier watching the seals swim in and out.
Gianna, Kade and Delaney were wrinkled when it was time to get out to dry off for the drive back to Grandmas.
I love this picture of Jerid, it looks like he is relieving himself. hehe
Nick & Kade best buddies for life.
My handsome little man.
Sadie, Elise, Nick, Hunter, Delaney, Kade & Gianna
TUESDAY
Wake up at the crack of dawn, peeled our eyelids open, loaded the car and off to the Magical World of Disneyland!!! Mickey, Mini, Pluto, Goofey, the Princesses & all were there for our arrival. The kids were so excited and our first stop was the new Finding Nemo ride. The line was over an hour long... when it first opened! Forget that we all said, and walked 5 steps to the Materhorn. Sadie was the most excited. This little peanut has a thrill seeking bone in her! The faster, higher, scarier, the better.
Nick, Kade, Elise, Sadie
Elise & Nick
Kade & Sadie in Pirates
Arial, and may I say her belly was not tone at all!!!
Cruela De-Vil, she in rare form & hilarious
While everyone was on their 3rd run with the Materhorn, I took a break. While sitting on beach these little ones and their momma came right up to me. I fell in love with them and watched them for a good 5 minutes.

The grounds at Disneyland are gorgeous & I love this picture of my little feathered friends walking away into the flowers.
Matt & Nick on the Jungle Cruise. Matt never smiles in pictures. If he does, he looks constipated. Don't ask...
Goofey
Mom & Kade
Nick, Kade & Elise
Elise, Jerid & Jen Mini & Mickey
My sweet Sadie Sue swinging from the chain that led us to Pirates.
Pluto
A soaked Kade after running the Splash Mountian terrian.
Say cheese you water heads.
Toon Town Jail
Kade & Nick on the trian right after Splash Mountian
WEDNESDAY
Aagh, a day of R&R. Sleep in, do a load of laundry, load in the car, 'click it or ticket', pizza & a movie it is... The movie is 2 hours 20 minutes so be prepared. It was a great movie. A lot more fighting than the 1st, which we expected (if you read the books, then you already know that). The kids enjoyed it. Elise said she liked the 1st one better. Kade liked this one as well as the 1st.

THURSDAY
Early to rise, load in the car, 'click it or ticket', off to California Adventure. Soarin' Over California, Screaming California, Hollywood Tower Hotel, here we come. Here we go, get ready to get soaked.
AAAGH Kade, Sadie, Nick & Elise patiently waiting in the Fast Pass line
Sadie, Nick, Elise & Kade bored while waiting so patiently in the Fast Pass line
More lines kids... enjoy! My darling boys
Kade after eating an oreo...sick
Get ready... get set... you are going to get shot into the air like a rocket!
Kade on a zip line
Waiting in the shade for our next move

FRIDAY
Family Reunion time and wouldn't you know it... we made our journey to Lytle Canyon, unloaded, grabbed the camera... click, click, click... batteries were dead. Hopefully I can get pictures for Jerid and download later.

15 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

I am soooooooo Jealous!!! Looks like so mucgh fun! Especially the beach. I miss it. All your pictures were great. You all looked like you had sooo much fun. I really want to go back!The girls might perform there next year we will see. Although, that will be hard having a new little one.

Kami said...

What a fun trip! I love Disneyland, but it's exhausting at times.

Natalie said...

Love it all. Love what you wrote and all your awesome pictures. Looks like everyone had so much fun. I'm glad you all made it home safely. I need the beach!

marcihite said...

Fun, fun, pics & writings! Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait to take our kids soon!

Colett said...

You need a vacation from that vacation, Disney is so fun but so exhausting! We were there only 3 months ago but it feels like years, I would go back tomorrow!

Debi said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Great pictures! I can't wait to go back to Disneyland- it's one of my favorite places!

Morgan said...

Hey I think we were at disney land at the same time! Wasn't Cruella De-vil awesome?! Looks like you had a blast!

Britney said...

How FUN!!! We were thinking of going in a few months...now I am even more excited!

The Kauwe Family said...

Looks like fun! The kids must of had a blast.

Sandy said...

So so so so so so jealous!!!!!! We LOVE Disneyland!!! Love it!! Looks like you had a great time!!!

Natalie said...

Missed you guys last night too. I'm a loser. I'll see ya next week though for sure.

Tiffani said...

I am very jealous of your trip. We were suppossed to go to San Diego this weekend but someone's (Dave) work got in the way. We are going to Newport with Dave's brother in a few weeks instead. Maybe we can get a day of Disneyland in there somehow.

Lucrecia said...

Wow! You are making me long for my California vacay that's not happening clear until September! So much fun! Great pictures. I noticed that you had on your book shelf River of Secrets. I loved the 1st two books but I don't know if I can read a whole book about Razo. Am I wrong? You must have really liked it....?

Danielle said...

Each time I see pic.'s of your family you seem like such a good, solid, happy fam. Kade is a lucky boy. So great you were able to go on a fun trip...I know who to get advice from if we get a chance to go.

Sara said...

WOW! Looks like a fun (and exhausting!) trip! Now you need a vacation from your vacation! Come home and take the phone off the hhok for a few days and catch up your Laundry and just... BE! :)