Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Go Speed Racer

If you know us then you know that we love HONDA's, if you know us then you know that we desperately needed a new car, if you know us/our car then you know that we have ran it into the ground, if you know our car then you know that:
1) the back passenger door will NOT open from the inside, you need to roll the window down and open it from the outside,
2) the driver side window doesn't work (which makes drive up windows a BLAST! I have cursed the thing for a year now and complained to Matt that 'if it was his car it would have been fixed'...sheesh), & last but certainly not least,
3) the odometer works when it wants too. Traveling on I-15 I know that if the RPM's are set at 3 then I am going 75mph. Otherwise I stay with the flow of traffic, o.k. if you know me... who am I kidding... I drive like I am in National Treasure with Nicholas Cage in the backseat with the Declaration of Indepence in a cardboard tube weaving in & out of back streets while the bad guys are shooting at us. You laugh but, unfortunately... it is the truth.

After: 2 months of looking, narrowing the options, 3 spikes in gas prices, changing our options, finding several to consider... we finally gave in and changed out minds to stick with the ever trust worthy HONDA & narrowed it down to 1 on Saturday. We brought our new baby home last night...


I am not a fan of the 2007 body (sorry, no offense) so I knew I wanted an 05-06. We found an 05 and an 06 that we liked. The 06 had more miles, higher price, & was only an LX. The 05 had lower miles, lower price tag & is an EX. It was a no brainer... I wanted the EX, Matt wanted the lower miles & price tag.

The only thing we need to do to it is get the windows tinted which we will do once we get back from Park City and Cali.

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Ha!
As I read this post I laughed really hard. We have been in the same boat and bought almost the exact same car on Saturday!!!
We are Honda lovers too.
We bought the 04 ex, in the very same color! How funny!
We LOVE it. I should post a picture for you.

Natalie said...

Love it! It looks almost the same color as mine too, only yours is much newer and nicer. So really it looks nothing like mine ha ha ha! I'm ready for an upgrade to a newer model, mine is a 98 but I love my car. I need tinted windows too. Great buy! Hope to see you tomorrow.

Brittanie said...

Love the new car! Wise choice. I have the same color, but in the Odyssey (ha ha). GO HONDAS!

Kami said...

Sweet car! Is that yours or Matt's?

Danielle Christiansen said...

Great choice!! You will love it!!! Glad your pain is finally over.

Hales Family said...

Your new car is beautiful! I am excited for you. New cars are the best. Your trip to Cali sounded so fun. It made me want to pack up and go. Kade is seriously so darling! I laughed so hard at the whole whale thing...

Jessica said...

Love the new car! I have to agree with you on the body styles.. I like your year better. I always remember you being a Honda fan. In fact, I remember you buying the last Honda.. you had to because you ran over something on the road and it tore up the bottom of your old Honda. Is that right? Man, you really love Hondas!! :)

Natalie said...

I checked out your car as I was leaving tonight. Yes, it's aweseome, I love it!!!

Tiffani said...

I need a new car too but at least I can still go to the drive through. You are still so funny. I just tagged you. Go to my blog to see what to do.

andrea said...

You and Kevin can be twins....actually yours looks a bit nicer and newer. Aren't Honda's the greatest! I love love love my Odysee. (Now that's a tricky word to spell)

Jessica, You make me laugh...love your blog!

When's lunch?