Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ABC... 123

'The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.'

-Wiliam Shakespeare

Today was the 1st day back to school for Kade! 3rd grade, 2 teachers, 1 back pack, new clothes, school supplies, lunch money, is he ready? I know I am. I can hardly wait for us to be back in the groove of things. Does the word routine mean anything to you? It does if you have kids going back to school. I will surely be running a tighter ship around our place: homework, guitar practice, dinner time, shower, brushed teeth, pj's, prayers and aaaaagh bedtime. I know it will be difficult for Kade to adjust. We have had a busy, relaxed, just for fun summer with hardly any rules! Because of this Kade had a hard time going to bed 'early', 9:30PM-I know my mom is reading this and probably choking, well not really... she knows me too well.


We woke up at 8am! Are you kidding me, we are late... everyone up-up-up!
I signed up to help as a greeter at the school... on our way out the door I remembered that I would like pictures of my handsome young man. We ran back into the house to get the camera... Kade informs me that he does not want me to come to his class (I have been telling everyone that I will volunteer at the school/PTA/classroom as long as I can because the day will come when Kade will not think it is cool to have his mom at school...well folks, we are surely getting there and it is breaking my heart. I won't tell Kade that because he is a tender heart & will feel bad if he knew that it makes me sad that he is growing up so fast).

Kade and his buddy Keiffer. I spotted them walking in the halls so I stopped them to get a picture. Needless to say Kade didn't let me closer to his classroom.

'The important thing is that you never stop questioning'

-Albert Einstien


8 comments:

Natalie said...

He's so grown up. His hair looks like it's getting darker, is it? He's handsome. Sorry he didn't want you in class. Guess it goes with his age. He still has to be one of the sweetest kids I've ever met.

Lucrecia said...

He is so terribly handsome! Look out!

Danielle Christiansen said...

kade looks so cute. I love his hair all combed back looking cool. My girls still want me in there class thank goodness, but unfortunetly I didnt sign up for hardly anything with the baby coming, work etc. I will miss it.

Morgan said...

i love the back to school feeling in the air! reminds me of the excitement i felt as a kid!

Elise said...

Even though I see Kade every week, I can't believe how grown up he looks in his back to school picture. He is bound to break many hearts. Elise is not embarrassed when the parents come to school, Nic - not sure, Sadie is fine with mom, but is adamant that dad does not come because he "goofs around" too much.

Kennen said...

I cannot believe your child is sooo grown up. It makes me feel really, really old and in my mind I'm still only 25. What's up with that? He sure is a cutey.

Auger Family said...

My mom used to try and walk me into the school too and I would get so mad. He looks so handsome!

Robbins said...

Excitment, Saddness, Happiness, Depression, WORK, Summer is gone, routine back in life...I can go on and on. I have had so many mixed feelings this week as well. But looking at Kade he is one handsome dude ready to take on this new school year.