Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beijing Olympics

USA

I love the olympics! We look forward to the adrenaline rush from wathcing TEAM USA compete. We are so proud to be citizens of the good old USA!
There are stories to inspire, motivate, lift. Shanteau was recently diagnosed with a rare form of testicular cancer. In a recent interview he said that he reminds himself of something his dad told him regarding his diagnosis, 'cancer does NOT have you. You have cancer'.
Shawn holding & consoling a team mate after a major fall.
Our boys, holding our flag!
CAN YOU FEEL IT!
Did you know we are competing in the following games:
Archery-Badminton-Baseball-Basketball-Beach Volleyball (we have a local UT boy, Jake Gibb competing) -Boxing, Canoe/Kayak-Cycling (go Lance) -Diving-Equestrian-Fencing-Field Hockey-Gymnastics-Handball-Judo-Modern Pent.-Rhythmic Gym-Rowing-Sailing-Shooting-Soccer-Softball-Swimming-Sync. Swimming-Table Tennis-Taekwondo-Tennis-Track & Field-Trampoline (I can do a mean knee flip) -Triathlon-Volleyball-Water Polo-Weightlifting (is this eating or those big 'dumb' bells?) -Wrestling

3 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

I havn't had time to watch any of it but I hear we are doing great!

sandylandonphoto said...

I love the olympics!!!! Love them!! Unfortunately it is keeping me up way late and I am getting nothing done. Oh and I used to do a wicked back flip on the tramp...when I was like 10. LOL!!

andrea said...

I second that!!! Love them!!! thanks goodness for TIVO!