Monday, August 25, 2008

Payson Lakes

I am a little behind on blogging! A couple of weeks ago we went camping with my parents. We went to Payson Lakes. The weather was great, the location was gorgeous, and our camp neighbors were from HELL (2 families, 4 drunk parents, 9 kids, 2 mini vans, 4 tents, and the most foul mouths you have ever heard... not that I was paying attention to the details).
Halle & Kade
Grandma, Karlee & Grandpa
Karlee & her blanky

The first night we put all the kids to bed and turned on the Bee movie. The neighbors cranked the tunes, kids bawling, parents yelling (this is going to be a great night I told Matt). Our kids fell asleep so Matt went out and turned off the generator. We thought we would have peace and quiet. Not them... they got louder (or maybe it was just because it was so late and we were so tired that it felt like they were louder). I have no idea what time the party ended or when I feel asleep for that matter. But morning did come and we headed down to the lake for fishing and rafting. Halle caught 3 fish, Kade caught 2, Nicholas and Karlee had not desire to fish, they wanted to raft and take pictures. AAAGH peace and quiet...wait! What is going on? Are you kidding me? No way... our camp neighbors showed up and plopped their crap by us! You have got to be kidding me... My Dad told my mom and me not to stare or make comments because he and Matt didn't want to get into a brawl! You should have seen them... hill-billies in the literal sense. Peirced ears for the dad and boys, tails (yes tails! you remember Howard the Duck), cigarettes hanging from the adults mouths while they talked, the works. My mom was laughing so hard she was crying her eyes out. I was caught several times staring, can you blame me? They were better than watching The Jerry Spinger Show! One of the moms wanted to make lunch. She proceeded to pull everything out of the cooler and when she couldn't find the knife she started using the F word. It was ridiculous, a bee kept flying past her and she started crying! This was only the beginning. I would blog the whole thing but, you have a life to get to so I will make it short. The other mother asked the older boy (appeared to be 10) to take one to the younger boys to the restroom... he told her no. Oh no you didn't I thought but, he did. While she was taking one boy to the restroom a baby about 1 1/2 was running around unsupervised. He found the mayo, flipped the lid and began sqeezing and licking. It was hilarious. When the moms returned they were yelling the high heavens. Who is watching River? Look at him! Needless to say we packed up and headed back to camp. AAAGH, can you say peace and quiet. Well, it didn't last long, you know they had to come back to camp sometime. Unfortunately, they returned! While in my trailer getting jackets for the kids I heard one of the moms yelling at one boy asking him what was wrong with his pecker! That's right, real classy. I was choking! I spotted the camp host and asked about queit time. He told me it began every evening at 10pm. I nicely told him that our neighbors were up all hours of the night. He apologized and told me that another camp host came up and talked to them. He said that they looked like the Clampets.

I agreed and then we had a great laugh!

Later Saturday afternoon Matt took the boys hiking. Funny thing... they parked and were getting ready for a hike to Devils Kitchen... ready boys? Have your water bottles? Let's get going. 1/4 mile later they were there. Some hike. The boys were o.k. with it because as they put it, 'it was so cool'.

Kade & Nicholas

Coming home Matt noticed that our truck was billowing black smoke. After doing some digging around he found that we it is leaking gas into the pistons. He is so frustrated. He loves his truck. It has been a labor of love for him. Now we are looking into buying a new truck (this is only the beginning to the end of our camp trip). We got home unloaded the trailer and then Matt and Kade headed up to the dumping station. On their way there the holding tank on our trailer fell off. YES, the pooper tank fell off. We only paid $1,500 for the trailer and it will cost $1,000 to fix it. So we are also in the market for a new trailer. Oh happy camping!

19 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

It is so annoying when you go enjoy nature and people like that ruin your trip. Oh well, you got great pictures and a fun camping trip in to end the summer.

JSJackson said...

Don't you hate it when others ruin your fun. Sorry it was not the vacation you were hoping for.

Morgan said...

nothing like stupid people. there really is nothing like stupid people. i don't get it. bummer

Tiffani said...

My parents just bought land by Strawberry. Next time ask if you camp on their land.

grinNberrett said...

sorry my family was such a f%^&^%$ pain in your a$$! I will talk to my ma and pa and make sure they are more f&^*&^^ hospitiable next time.

andrea said...

i thought camping gave you a good excuse to drink, smoke, and swear at your kids.....i thought thats why you go camping?.....jk. people make life fun and interesting to say the least. good times.

Kami said...

ha ha. Oh Jesicca, what an adventure! I'm so like you though. I would of just stared at them while trying everything in my might to NOT say anything to the "hicks from the sticks". Seriously though, it sounds like you have an awesome and fun family. You do so many fun things that it makes me want to come live with you guys. I'll leave Mr. party pooper Sean at home. :)

marcihite said...

That was hilarious!! Thanks! I definitely needed a good laugh today! I haven't been to Payson Lakes in years! We need to take the kids. Fun pics!

Danielle said...

You're so funny. Hope you have better neighbors next camping trip. I've said this before...you guys are always doing something fun!!!!

Speedys said...

Oh Jess, I'm so sorry about your camping trip...you go camping to get away from the crazy life that surrounds us and it just looks like it followed you everywhere. I just had to laugh about the pooper falling off the trailer. Reading your blog made me think of our camping trip to Yuba with Lisa Hamberlin, fun times.

Kennen said...

I love reading your blog! It makes me smile. Sounds like a great time was had by all. . .

Pritchard Family - Megan said...

You guys make me jealous, doing all those fun things as a family. That is really cool! I wish we did more things together as a family.

Cassie said...

Hey Jessica! I am so glad you found my blog!! It is fun to see and hear how your little fam is doing. That is hilarious about your camping neighbors!! Oh my, I am sure that was an experience!! You are good to recognize what park that was. Yes it is the one in Orem. I love that park. I was so happy with the background. Well its great to hear from you. Keep in touch!

Natalie said...

Even though I already heard all of this, I was still laughing reading this. You gotta get that trailer fixed, or a new one, so you can come to Yuba with us!

Colett (*-*) said...

Seriously....do you ever stay home? This post made me laugh, I can just picture you with these crazy people.

Our family said...

That looks so sweet. Just so you know when you go camping with us I think at least we don't live next to the Kallas family.

Fivesome said...

Hey Jessica, I miss visit teaching w/ Janny and see you!:) You will have to come by and see Colin and the girls. They are growing so fast. Hope all is well with your gang. I was excited to see a comment from you. Keep in touch

Elise

6 P's in a Pod said...

I would have LOVED to be a fly on the wall for that vacation. The woman (I'm assuming your mom) in the top picture looks like she just got home from High-Tea with the ladies. Way to nice to be camping. Make-up, hair done and is she wearing a skirt? I'm impressed. She's making up for the neighbors, I guess. Sounds like a va-ca you'll never forget.

Robbins said...

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!!!! Good thing I wasn't there....They were probably former students from the land of Goshen. J/K Wow you look just like your mom.