Thursday, September 11, 2008

Patriot Day... I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN

Are you proudly displaying the American Flag today?

You should be!

Today is PATRIOT DAY.

President George W. Bush designated September 11 to be regarded as Patriot Day.

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation

On this first observance of Patriot Day, we remember and honor those who perished in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. We will not forget the events of that terrible morning nor will we forget how Americans responded in New York City, at the Pentagon, and in the skies over Pennsylvania -- with heroism and selflessness; with compassion and courage; and with prayer and hope. We will always remember our collective obligation to ensure that justice is done, that freedom prevails, and that the principles upon which our Nation was founded endure.
As a mother I am so thankful that I can raise by beautiful son in a country where he can: be educated, grow up and choose an occupation for himself, worship freely, have freedom of speech, etc. We are a blessed nation, we are priviledged people. It was fought for by our forefathers and should not be taken lightly. As a priviledge nation comes great weight on our shoulders to never forget, to help those on our soil and those across the waters.
I AM PROUD! I LOVE AMERICA! I LOVE FREEDOM!

4 comments:

The Archibald's said...

The place that we got our family picture is emily utley but i think she changed her name to emily jane photography she's amazing a little expensive not for the session but pictures but She uses natural light we are going back to her this year I can't wait check out her web page I think it is emilyjanephotography.com or if not I'll find it

Morgan said...

it's so true what you say about raising your son in america. can you imagine raising children like some mothers do under other circumstances?
we are truly blessed.

Danielle Christiansen said...

amen to that. I feel bad I didn't even realize yesterday was pattriot day. i have had so much on my mind. But I am glad you posted this.

andrea said...

amen friend