Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween decorating and Partying with pumpkins

Kade and I had a great time getting the house ready for the ghost and goblins to come out. Poor Kade, he says 'my mom doesn't decorate scary'. So I went out and bought skull heads big and small, some that light up and some that make sounds. I also bought skelital hands. They are awesome, we filled a large glass dish with the small skulls and hands. It turned out great... however, it is still not scary enough for my 8 year old. I am more into the vintage Halloween and gourds (for some it may be boring but, I love it). Below is just a sampling of what we did. We decorated the main rooms in our home and the porch, then called it good.

The ALL HALLOWS EVE sign was a lot larger than I thought it would be. But, I love it!


I forgot to take a picture of our front yard to show that we have over 30 pumpkins! I am the room parent for Kade's class and we are going to be decorating the pumpkins (I will post pictures after the party). Kade and I are so excited for the activity. They should turn out darling. Everyone that comes asks if we grew them... well ours didn't come up this year so while at our neighborhood grocer I asked if they would be willing to donate them... and they said YES! I love living in a small, home town community!

Last night my family got together for dinner and Halloween fun. We haven't seen my family in 2 weeks so for us it was a treat. We had a yummy dinner of taco soup, and the most delicious homemade cake that Jen made! Then we gave the kids the carving tools neccassary and set them loose (they carved their own and did a great job I might add).

The kids were so excited! They quickly got to work. Elise, Nicholas, & Sadie were excited to save EVERY seed as they were going to go home and roast them. YUMMY, you will have to let me know how they turned out!
Silly Sadie, her pumpkin has a flower top, triangle eyes & nose with a crAzY zig zaggy mouth! The headless Nicholas displayed his triangle eyes, mini trianlge nose, HUGE mouth pumpkin! Kade's started out as a 'hill billy' with his HUGE front teeth, then as the night progressed it just got down right crAzY, silly. Elise did some research on her dad's iphone when she finally came up with this half moon eyed, HUGE nostraled, slant smiled Aurthur looking pumpkin




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

13 comments:

Speedys said...

You are the coolest mom ever! I love the pumpkin faces, very cute. We have no pumpkins yet and the house has 1 ghost and Frankenstien in the front room. I'm more of a Christmas girl.

Natalie said...

Hope you had a happy birthday. I hope next year you'll have your Halloween party again. I love your decorations. that is one sick spider you saw hunting. I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep after seeing that. Even though I'm no hunter, seeing your pictures makes me sad we didn't go this year.

Kami said...

Very cute! Now you can come decorate my house next! You're such a fun mom. I should take lessons from you!

Hales Family said...

That looks like lots of fun. Your decorations are really cute too! That is awesome that Kade is going to be a banana for Halloween. We will get a picture of the monkey and banana for sure. Funny thing, Brad is probably going to be a banana too! ha ha

landonclan said...

So cute!!! I didn't decorate this year. There comes a time when you look at your decorations and you know that they are just toooooo old. LOL!!

Lucrecia said...

Oh man! I've really been a deadbeat for Halloween this year. I haven't even had time to get my decorations out! Lame Mommy!:)

Morgan said...

i LOVE your decorations, and your efforts to make your son happy:)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Fowler family said...

Wow, you are such a great decorator Jesicca! I am very impressed- your home looks beautiful. And that banner is so cute.

We still need to carve pumpkins. I think we better do it this afternoon before it gets too late!!!

Danielle Christiansen said...

cute decorations and pumpkins. LOOKS LIKE kade is satisfied beyond belief.

Jessica said...

I knew the decor would be cute... hello, you're the craft queen of the world! The pumpkins look awesome. Love the large nostrils.

Our family said...

Your decorations are ok. JERID :)

Lydia said...

I have to admit I like your decorating not scary decorating too.

Margetts Fam said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun doing the pumpkin carving. Hope you had a great halloween! I can't believe how old Kade is getting.