Sunday, October 26, 2008

Run Bambi Run

We started out on Skyline Drive (which is gorgeous this time of year) but it was so cold... freezing cold. It rained and snowed the whole time we were there. So much so that my mighty hunter called it quits Saturday (the opener) at 6PM. Kade was so upset. He would have toughed it out! We left the trailer and headed for home... aaaah home sweet WARM home.

The last 3 1/2 weeks have been filled with: Hiking Boots, camp fires, four wheelers, dust, Jeans, Jackets, and 'Deer Hunter' Orange. Matt & Kade-Skyline Drive

Monday we were back up there hunting and finding nothing but; mud, squirrels, and more mud! But the scenery was gorgeous!
We spent the majority of the deer hunt out West. Matt and his broAdd Imagethers love it out there. I think it is UGLY. Nothing but, dirt and sage brush. We had a great time, the weather was perfect, the company was a blast and 4 whelleing was terrific. Our first day out on the opener the 2 dogs in our camp got into a scuffle, which led to one dog having the top portion of her ear bit off! The kids kept looking for the portion of the ear that was bit off but, could never find it. Later that afternoon I was sitting on the 4 wheeler when I looked down and there it was! So naturally we picked it up (I would NOT touch it), took it back to camp, wrapped it and gave it to Klint as a birthday gift (I know we are sick). We now call the canyon, Dog Fight Canyon.

Matt, Marc, Klint, Jordan, Karlene, & Ted all checking out Sadie's chewed up ear!
I have heard from several that there are tarantulas in the West desert. Well... we saw 2, they are SICK and SCARY. They were both the size of an adult palm, and furry.
Matt made Kade get down by the sick creature. If you double click on the photo you will see it more clearly... aaaagh

Taylor after a long ride through the dusty trails.


Each night while around the camp fire I brought something up for everyone. Dessert or toys. The girls loved the glow sticks.
Try with all our might... we could not keep our eyes OPEN. Our flash is crAzY bright. Klint & Steve wrapped their glow sticks around their glasses. We all laughed out guts out! Jordan was the glow stick princess! She loved these things. I think by the end of the night she ended up with most of them.

Me & Kade hiking My hot hubby surveying the land Marc & Kade Kade taking aim at a soda can. He was an amazing shot! I think his dad and uncles could learn a thing or two from him. Jordan & Kade after a LONG 4 wheeler ride.

Nobody in the group found Bambi, or his dad, or his uncles! Maybe next year mighty hunters.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Must've been hiding... :( HOLY COW.. that's is the hugest spider I've ever seen! SICK. Nightmares for a year for me.

Tiffani said...

Dave and my Dad went hunting and came back with nothing. Dave said he shot the heck out of a coke can and seriously injured another one.

Julie H. said...

Looks like you had fun. Gross spider. I don't know if I could go hunting again if I'd seen one of those in our camp.