Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Our little guy turned 9 this past week! It is always bitter sweet for me. Birthdays are a BIG deal in our family so Kade had a 'friends' party and a 'family' party.

This year he wanted a 'FOOTBALL' party. So off I went to find everything and anything FOOTBALL: field goals, helmets, footballs, clappers, candy, etc. A good friend of mine helped me with the invites. We made TICKETS to the GAME. They turned out GREAT. However, I am having a hard time downloading it. The kids all came dressed for the game (we had 20 kids), we loaded up and headed to the NEW stadium. They were put into teams and played ball. Elise (Kade's cousin) was the only girl to play and she made the 1st touchdown. Next was pizza, cupcakes, ice-cream and presents. Kade, Carson, Kade, NicholasKieffer & KadeAustin & Kade Kade & Jace
Easton, Kelton, Kade & Austin Jordan & Kade Half the gang eating lunch

NEXT STOP... FAMILY PARTY!

Kade's birthday was on a Monday and Matt had to work. I had planned on taking Kade to a movie and dinner before the family showed up but, when he got home from school he just wanted to relax and stay home. What an EASY kid. He played with the neighborhood boys and then family started rolling in. My little pyro wanted to light his own birthday candles so being the fabulous mother that I am... I let him.
After singing the traditional song we let all of the cousins help blow out the candles.
Gifts, Gifts & more Gifts. We have an awesome family!

Notice our fabulously HUGE TV? Ours went out and so we pulled the TV out of our trailer. For some reason no one ever wants to come over for movie night... go figure. I keep telling my dad that after a while you get used to it and don't even realize how tiny it is. He doesn't believe me... neither does Matt.
We are hoping Santa brings us a new one.
Happy Birthday big guy! We love you so much... to the moon and back.

16 comments:

Matt, Lorie, Roger said...

What a handsome and lucky boy you have!! Those parties looked amazing...I hope I can be half that creative and fun when my son gets older.

Morgan said...

wow. next time i have to plan a party, i'm calling you!

i love your tv. it's awesome.
ha ha.

sandylandonphoto said...

So cute!!!!! He is getting so big!! Love all the football stuff. You are such a good mom and kade is one lucky little man. Love the TV.;)

Natalie said...

What an awesome party. I didn't know it was his birthday last week. Wow, 9 years old. That's crazy. I may need your help with Karson's next b-day. I'm so not a party planner and you are fabulous!

Kami said...

Happy Birthday Cade! Jesicca, you're such a fun mom. Wow!

Tiffani said...

Seriously...you are the FUNNEST Mom!! You should be on Oprah

Lucrecia said...

Such a fun party! You are a GREAT Mom! I really loved your cupcakes and party favors. So cute:)

Danielle Christiansen said...

Happy Birthday Kade. I cannot believe our kids are so big. You always do such cute parties.

andrea said...

Happy Birthday Kade!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME PARTY. YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOM!

Lydia said...

How fun, you go about as crazy over birthdays as we do.

Jennifer Napierski said...

Awesome TV. So funny. You're an awesome Mom. Two sweet looking parties. I'm sure Cade loved every minute of it.

Brittanie said...

That is the coolest cupcake cake...what a good mom!

Andrea said...

happy Birthday Kade!! What fun birthday parties!!

Our family said...

The burger was the best, thanks JJ.
Kade, that was a sweet party Dude. Call me when you want to play Star Wars. If you don't come to the dark side I will kick your trash. Vader Rules.

Speedys said...

Jess, you are great! I don't throw good parties. You should be a party planner.

Sarah Ward said...

Oh what a good mom you are! I think Cade is such a handsome boy and and I love his personality! He is always asking Matt which team he is rooting for, so I am sure the football theme was a big hit.
Thanks for all the fun comments you leave on my blog, and thanks for your friendship