Sunday, February 1, 2009

farewell old friend

after over 19 years at nu skin, they have decided that they no longer need my services, i was told that they are 're-organizing'. it hurt, it was scary, it was nerve wracking, it was heart breaking, it was shocking.
i have never been called to hr, and jan. 14th was dooms day. on my way i called matt scared to pieces. he told me to just breath and call him when i was finished.
my boss wouldn't look at me or talk to me, that hurt. hr was very kind and explained what i needed to know. she kept asking if i had any questions... i couldn't breath and the whole time felt like i was going to puke. i just needed to get out of there.
that night brought on an onset of emotions:
1- fear
2- peace
3- fear
4- comfort
5- fear
i had my first interview for another job the next morning at 10am. i had made plans to take my final paperwork into hr before going to my interview. matt and i said a prayer before heading out the door and i had this strong sense that i should go to the interview first. i had no expectations, i thought i would be told that 'it was nice to meet with you, but we really don't have anything at this time'. well, surprise!!! after meeting with the owner i was asked... 'can you start Monday?'.
it was nice to know that Heavenly Father did not leave my side. going back to nu skin to hand in my final paperwork was not hard at all, it wasn't sad, i had a calming feeling. don't get me wrong... i miss my job! i loved what i did, i loved my vendors, i loved the routine, i loved the system i worked with, and most importantly i loved most of the people i worked with.
so farewell old friend, you were wonderful to my family and me, you are wonderful to the community and i was honored to have worked with you.

23 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm sad for you because you have been there forever! But, you are so blessed to find another job so quickly.

Lydia said...

What an amazing blessing to be able to find work so quickly. I'm glad it has all worked out.

Valerie said...

So, I know I don't know you that well, but was sad for you when I read that, and then so happy that you were able to find another job. I have been at my job for 8 years and people are being let go left and right. I have thought about it a lot, and I know if it happened, I would definitely go through the same emotions. I hope it works out for you!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you that you were able to get another job so quickly. I could not even imagine the roller coaster of emotions you must have been going through. Good luck with the new job!

Jennifer Napierski said...

What?????? That is crazy. You are Nuskin! Wow. How sad. I'm sure that was a punch in the gut. But things happen for a reason. Maybe a change of scenery will be good. Meet new people. When one door closes another door opens. Looks like that has happened for you. You are a wonderful person and have been blessed to get another job. I hope you find enjoyment in it. Give it some time. New situations always take a while to get used to. Good Luck!

Colett (*.*) said...

change sucks! I know you are trying to be nice but the people at Nu Skin are stupid, they will probably be out of business within a month without you, Ha! Good luck at the new job and spend you severance on something extavagant!

Danielle Christiansen said...

I am so glad for you and your family to have the opportunity for the new job. Everything happens for a reason. Hopefully it is a blessing is disquise.

Morgan said...

i'm glad that everything worked out for you!

Danielle said...

I suspect it wasn't an easy decision for NS to let you go. You're one of those reliable, hard working, likeable, knowledgeable people/workers that companys look for. It seems like I've noticed w/me that I don't always get why things happen when they happen...but sometimes later it all makes sense. Maybe there's a reason you're where you are. I wish you luck w/your new job. Take care!

reese said...

This is scary times.i am so happy to hear that you found a new job. im sure you will grow to love it. hope all else is well.

Lucrecia said...

Whoa! That is NUTS! I know you're excited about your new job but I'm still sad that your time at Nu Skin has come to an end after all this time. Good luck as the new girl today. I'm sure they will come to value you very quickly!

Debi said...

I'll never forget when my mom "left" NuSkin the first time- and then realizing they still needed her and brought her back for another year. You're better off in the long run! It was neat to read about your faith in Heavenly Father- you can never go wrong doing that! :) You need to post where your new job is! Good Luck!

Matt, Lorie, Roger said...

Leaving a job can be so hard, but it's usually leaving the people that you worked with that is hardest. I left behind my most favorite job and people ever in Utah and it was SOOOO hard, but Heavenly Father definitely opens doors for us, comforts us, and puts angels in our way to help us along.
I'm so glad things have worked out for you!

Bruce Polly Billings said...

Wow, Jess I'm sorry you had to go through that. BUT hey you made it you survived. Now go get a massage!

Speedys said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but at the same time excited to hear you have a new job. A new job can bring more exciting opportunities for you. You didn't mention this new company that has put you on there payroll.
Good luck with everything, my bro. has been without a job since Nov. The economy sucks right now.

Holli Raymond said...

I heard abou that Jesicca, I'm sorry that they let you go, but so happy that you found something else! It was a pleasure working with you when I was back at the "Skin" :)

Britney said...

Sad and happy all wrapped into one. I hope this next job is fantastic. I'm glad that you were able to feel comfort at such scary and uncertain time. Good Luck!

Brittanie said...

GOOD LUCK with your new job! You wrote that so well...I felt like I was sitting there in HR with you. ;)

Kami said...

I still can't believe they let you go. So sad. :( Way to be positive though and congrats on the new job! We should all go to lunch sometime. Let me know! :)

landonclan said...

WOW jess. I am sure you are so sad to be leaving Nuskin, but I am so happy for you and your new job. I know you will succeed wherever you are!!!!

Tiffani said...

Has it really been 19 years? My first "real" job was with you at NuSkin. I think you got me the job. You are one dedicated girl. I think I have had about 10 jobs since then.

The Japan Adventure said...

I am so happy to hear about how things turned out for you! I hope your new job is as fulfilling as your old one! We love you guys and miss you tons!

Fowler family said...

Oh Jesicca, I am so sorry. You are so strong though through this all. And so amazing- one day later you have a new job!!! That REALLY says something about you. I loved working at NS with you back in the day. You were such a knowledgeable, on the ball employee. And you were so kind to new people like me. :)