Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I hate... I love...

Lately I have had a lot of time to ponder, reflect, and just be me. I have come to find that I have a lot of hates and loves in my life.

I hate...
Mr. Recession
I don't have a job
we don't have insurance, and I still have to send my sweet family out into the world
money is tight
summer isn't coming quick enough
we don't have a boat
people say they are good, but then do nasty mean things
basketball is over
missed Colett's fab party
my skin
my bottom teeth aren't as straight as I would like them to be
Matt dumped Melissa in front of America, he had no business proposing if he wasn't completely sure of his thoughts and heart
I can't figure out why my computer won't allow me to download pictures (I know it is me)
little ones are suseptible to illnesses that shouldn't be able to touch them (cancer)
Kade is growing up so fast
adoption didn't work out for us
school lunch is so sick and I have to worry about home lunches every morning
jobs are posted even when the hiring has been decided
church is from 1-4
my dad is having a difficult time with his health
my younger brother isn't sure of who he is or where he belongs
my basement is a dungeon
I didn't finish college
I second guess myself at every turn
my skin is losing its elasticity
my back yard is narrow
my younger brother is still (2 years now) trying to sell one of his homes
I don't swim well, pretty much CAN'T
my hip hop class ended

I love...
the gospel and the peace that it brings me
my fabulous husband who tolerates and loves me
my terrific son who makes the world shine
my parents who had the courage and strength to raise me
my brothers for adoring and protecting me
my sister who I wish I was closer to
my home, the city we live in, the neighbors we have
Kade's school
Matt's job
our freedom
that we have good health
we are able to work and provide for our family
we are able to give to others
the great outdoors; camping, boating, hiking, riding, fishing, etc.
yard work, still need Matt to teach me how to start the 'weed wacker'
clean windows (were are the Trotter boys)
friends who (even though I am not the best at this) still make an effort to stay in touch with me
music, even though I can't read music, play an instrument, or carry a tune
wake up to birds chirping
Matt and Kade's laughter and sense of humor
Amazing Race, August Rush, Little Women
Immaculee Ilibagiza for her strength to overcome and inspire
DVR
my car
shopping (even though Mr. Recession and a lack of employment have put a strain on this)
cooking, baking and eating
making and turning things into treasures for my home
making jewelry with fabulous friends
reading
taking Kade to guitar
glitter toes
California, cruises, Seattle
hip hop as a work out (for moms only, it ROCKS)
blogging and blog stalking
grocery shopping (still need Ashlee to teach me her tricks to the trade)
spending time with my nieces and nephews
Matt and I have two days during the week together
This list could go on and on and on and on. I am truly blessed.

8 comments:

~Morgan~ said...

ah i love this.
i wish everyday that i could have dvr. is that lame? ha ha.
it must be that pondering time of year. or life, for that matter. thanks mr recession.
i love you jes!

Natalie said...

Your the best...love ya Jes

Britney said...

You are on my "love" list!

Speedys said...

Jess~ You have the best outlook on life, if someone gave you lemons you would be the one to make lemonade.

Danielle Christiansen said...

wait! I thought you got another job. i wish you would contact me and let me know whats going on with you. I havnt talked to you guys in ages. We love you and times are tough everywhere. we too are struggling even with Scotts new job. you are right though, we are all truly blessed in more ways hen we can count.

Stephanie said...

I love the you can make trash into a treasure. We need to get together more. Thanks for the laughs!

Matt, Lorie, Roger said...

What a fun and thought provoking post! We would LOVE to get together for a bbq in May! The only set plans we have are for the 15th, so let's plan something!

andrea said...

There you go...more loves than hates...you're doing ok! You are a winner...don't ever forget that. Hang in there!