Saturday, March 7, 2009

Recessionista Party!

My dear friend, Colett had a Recessionista Party, I scoured my home as instructed and then was not able to go. I was sad and sick about it because I have heard from several ladies that it was a night to not miss. With that said (hope you don't mind Colett, plus I copied your fabulous invite. I am not as creative as you and find copying much easier. Please don't turn me into the Dean for plagerism) I am having one..

You are invited to a Recessionista Party!

Don’t know what that is… are you feeling down because of Mr. Recession? Has he taken a toll on your pocketbook? Are you dreaming of going on a shopping spree but don't have the cash?
Saturday, March 28 from 9 am – 12 noon

Who's invited: You are...and anyone else who would love a cheap treasures shopping spree of sorts. This is not exclusive, the more the better!
What stuff: you know you have a closet full of clothes, handbags, shoes, jewelry that you are tired of wearing and looking at. Time to clean out your closets and make a little $$$$.
*children's/baby clothes, shoes, toys, books, furniture
*home items, decor or otherwise (If you have furniture that you want to sell but it's too big to bring over, just bring a photo)
Please bring gently used items priced (garage sale prices) and with your initials.
Are you feeling like not coming because you don't have anything to bring? Knock it off, just come to shop. I am telling you now, three weeks in advance, so that you can have time to scour your home and closets and gather up your items. I will remind you about it in another two weeks!
REMEMBER, One woman's trash is another woman's treasure!
If you have ?’s comment on my blog.

7 comments:

~Morgan~ said...

i would love to come! i don't know where you live.......
what a fun idea!

Jennifer Napierski said...

What a cute idea. Sounds like fun.

Jesicca said...

I am in the phone-book. I will see if you are and call you.
Can't wait~

Colett (*.*) said...

I am terribly glad you are copying me, invitation and all. In this economy every neighborhood should be doing one! Don't fret too much about missing mine, I will be doing it every year from now on. I hope yours will be as successful as mine, I think everyone went home with some fabulous treasures. Good Luck!

Danielle Christiansen said...

uggg i am going to miss another that is dance competition in St. George. I think I will cry!

Brittanie said...

FLIPPLIN' awesome idea!!
I will see if the sister will bring items and shop for me. I have a Primary activity that morning (in charge of or I would ditch) ;)

Amy said...

What a great idea..and I have to say very cute invitation--even if you did "copy" it.